Sunday, February 12, 2012

Only to shine.


















  450 x 600mm painting of text and Mario from Super Mario World / Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World (1990, 2001). Acrylic on canvas using a 40 x 40 and 4 x 4mm hand drawn grid.

  This was done..

  As..

  I dunno'. It's half a response to the question 'why do you like video games so much'. Well, Mario's not gonna' complain about the state of the economy, or call me an abomination and tell me who I can't marry, or criticize the way I dress, etc.

  So how could I not prefer videogames to real life.

  Or something.

  Link.

  Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket is sort of good.

  But not great.


1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to say this to you since I first saw this post, SUIKA, but I'm only getting around to it now for a number of reasons. Anyway, I love this piece. Not only is the idea great, but so is the execution. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete