Friday, December 24, 2010

You'll take a ride from anyone, everyone.


















  300 x 300mm painting of text and elements from The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening / The Legend of Zelda: The Dreaming Island / DX (1993, 1998), The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (2001) and Pokémon / Pocket Monsters Gold, Silver and Crystal (1999, 2000). Acrylic on canvas using a 3x3mm hand drawn grid.


  This was done as a gift for a friend of mine based on some of her favorite things which included cherry blossoms, folk music, the colour teal, and 'conversations about God and how much I hate him'.


  The inclusion of the 'Fuck. Okay.' portion relate to the first two words she used in the SMS message containing all of the above.


  Link.


  Fuck I am so fed up with this town you have no idea.


  I like my artwork because you don't have to think about it. You just look at it, and there it is. I heard something recenrly about the differences between Western and Eastern art.


  Something about foreground / background subjects. I'll look into it.


  The last photo in todays set features what I want as a tatoo.





No comments:

Post a Comment